You are a sustainability coordinator and have initiatives to increase landfill diversion rates. Your department has lofty goals. You need to a program, ASAP. We make it easy to analyze your current waste, monitor concession contamination, and build a waste management program to increase landfill diversion rates.
Downstream offers many services for airports
All zero-waste valet programs include:
All-in-one solution for airport waste diversion
Service Instructions for dumpster rental:
- Avoid high traffic areas such as sidewalks or traffic intersections
- You must have at least 100 feet in length for a truck to deliver and pick up a dumpster
- Ensure the surface is level, free of hanging wires/branches, and the area is free of debris
- Ensure items are evenly distributed through out the dumpster
- No items are allowed to be sticking out of the top
- Do not exceed 10 tons which is maximum tonnage allowed on the roads
- Make sure to open any gates or provide keys to the driver for access
- Move any parked cars or debris that is blocking access to the dumpster
- 100 feet is required to pickup the dumpster
- Remove any tarps that have been added
Frequently Asked Questions
All prices vary based on location, season, local disposal fees and day scheduled. Many junk companies will provide a minimum charge for their teams to remove your item.
Downstream's Scrapper network of individual gig workers provides single item collection services for certain items such as mattresses or TVs and tend to be less than a standard junk company minimum charge.
For materials that have a heavy cubic weight like dirt, concrete, and gravel, pricing is based on the total volume that the material takes up in the truck, up to a maximum of one foot in height for a full truck. You may hear this referred to as a "heavy" or "bed" load.
For select single item removals, we can provide more accurate estimates before the appointment, but the final price will always be confirmed onsite with the junk hauler. The junk hauler is responsible for communicating updates to pricing while onsite with the customer and directly in the Downstream app.